[mapguide-users] Tracking location in MapGuide OS on a Notebook with GPS receiver

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jan 14 03:32:55 EST 2010

The tricky part is getting the GPS coordinates into the browser.
As the javascript is running with limited access, it cannot directly
read the GPS data.
You need some sort of browser plugin (or frequent clipboard copy tricks)
to achieve this.

Once you have the coordinates, you can use MapGuide's coordinate system
library to
project the coordinates from lat/lon into your map's coordinate system
(server side).

Then it is a matter of calling ZoomTo(x, y, scale) in javascript.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S