[mapguide-users] Searching for a sample C# application for searching multiple fields of a feature class

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Fri Jan 15 03:41:15 EST 2010

I don't have a comple sample that fits your description,
but some bits and pieces (chunks if you prefer).

I personally use MaestroAPI (for obvious reasons):
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI

Using the MaestroAPI samples as a base, I have put together this quick
untested sample of the server code:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/samples/QueryFeatureSource

Another way to do it is show here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Tools/Maestro/Maestro/FormExpression.cs#L732

The interesting line is 751:
using (FeatureSetReader rd =
m_connection.QueryFeatureSource(m_featureSource,
m_schema.FullnameDecoded, filter, new string[] { ColumnName.Text }))
     while (rd.Read())
    { } //Read data here

If you do not want to use MaestroAPI, you can look at the MaestroAPI
source code to figure out
how to use the MgFeatureService object to query features.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S