[mapguide-users] King.Oracle provider - how to create join with table without geometry data?

BojanFranc at FER bojan.franc at fer.hr
Mon Jan 25 08:10:31 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a data warehouse with a FACT table containing a lot of points (GPS
locations). And I have a DATE dimension table.
I want to draw a layer containing all locations within 1 day (or a period of
days).

I was thinking of doing a JOIN with King.Oracle of that FACT and DIMENSION
table, exporting it to XML and then in PHP editing the filter tag with "DATE
= YYYY.MM.DD". After modifying the layer, I would insert the new layer into
map and draw it.
It should also work fast enough for users to be able to go BACK and FORWARD
displaying maps for each day.

The problem is, in King.Oracle provider, I see only tables and views with
geometry fields. And I need to join my DATE dimension which has no geometry
(logicaly).
Is it possible?

Also, has anyone a better solution for my problem?

I have round 10 Mil GPS locations for every year.

Thx!