[mapguide-users] Guide Me in MGOS 2.1

padmini godavarthi godavarthi.padmini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 05:13:45 EST 2010

Hi
iam using MGOS 2.1 with Mapguide Maestro 1.0.9 on iis 6.0
Microsoft visual studio 2008 Expression edition on windows xp service pack2

by clicking on show in browser in maestro the map appears fine on Browser

i found the error that while developing a sample application,
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll of assembly version 2.0.0.2308 is appeared in my
application so, i deleted it on my application and placed
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll of assembly version 1.0.0.1 in my application as told
by kenneth in

http://n2.nabble.com/MapGuide-2-1-Ok-in-Studio-error-Message-in-IE-Impossible-to-Get-Entry-Point-td3080482.html#a3082009

but after running the application the MapGuideDotNetApi.dll of assembly
version 2.0.0.2308 is again  appears in my application

my code is as follows

      Imports OSGeo.MapGuide
      Imports OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI
      Imports System.Web.UI.HtmlControls
      Imports System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection

(Main.aspx.vb)
Partial Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
    Public sessionId As String
    Public webLayout As String
    Dim resrce As ResourceIdentifier
    Public layout As WebLayout
System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        Dim realPath As String =
Request.ServerVariables("APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH")
        Dim configPath As String = realPath + "webconfig.ini"
        MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(configPath)
        Dim userinfo As MgUserInformation = New
MgUserInformation("Administrator", "admin")
        'Dim mgsiteconn As MgSiteConnection = New MgSiteConnection()
        Dim site As MgSite = New MgSite()
        site.Open(userinfo)
        sessionId = site.CreateSession()
        Dim host As Uri = New
Uri("http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi")
        Dim conn As HttpServerConnection = New HttpServerConnection(host,
"Administrator", "admin", "en", True)
        layout = conn.GetWebLayout("Library://sample/Layout.WebLayout")
        resrce = New ResourceIdentifier("sample", ResourceTypes.WebLayout,
sessionId)
        conn.SaveResourceAs(layout, resrce)
        HttpContext.Current.Session("sid") = sessionId
        HttpContext.Current.Session("layout") = resrce
    End Sub
End Class

and the (main.aspx)

    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <iframe id="titleframe"  runat="server" frameborder="1"  visible="true"
src="title.html">
    </iframe>

     <iframe id="I1"
src="../mapviewernet/ajaxviewer.aspx?SESSION=<%=sessionId%>&WEBLAYOUT=<%=layout%>"

    </iframe>

    </form>

can u plz tell me the solution

and my doubts are

1) is mgos 2.1 supports the environment of  MS VS 2008 Expression Edition?
(because in iis i configured the mapguide to .net framework 2.0 only)

Regards,
Padmini G.