[mapguide-users] Fusion: calling custom search widget

Warren Medernach wmedernach at rand.com
Mon Jul 5 13:27:04 EDT 2010

Hello all,
I have a search defined in a Fusion app that works fine, and this search is defined to execute in a specified frame.  I can control the opening and closing of this frame via javascript, but what I want to do is script this so I can call to open the frame and then load the Search command.

I was thinking of wrapping this in an InvokeScript call, so I'm looking for help with the syntax to 'call/activate/initialize' the custom search widget.
I've seen other samples using something like:
window.top.Fusion.getWidgetById('Map').drawMap()  to refresh a map

My search ID is 'SearchAddress' so I've tried:
window.top.Fusion.getWidgetById('SearchAddress').activate;

But that doesn't seem to work.

Warren M