[mapguide-users] Generate a pdf view of the current map

Nick Sebastyan nick_sebastyan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 05:01:40 EDT 2010

Greetings all,

Does someone now if it is possible to generate a pdf view of the current map,
preferably with a good quality ?

I only found two options to achieve this, one was using Scribble, but our
clients said that the quality is not good enough and the second option was to
generate a dwf file using :

MgMappingService mappingService = (MgMappingService)
siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.MappingService);
MgByteReader byteReader = mappingService.GeneratePlot(map, mapCenter, scale,
plotSpec, layout, dwfVersion);

and using pdf creator i generated a pdf view, of great quality i have to say,
but the configuration required to achieve this is too complicated for the
clients and i have to come with something easier, any ideas please ?

Thanks.