[mapguide-users] Highlight features on mapguide mapframe with alphanumeric query (no spatial)

kmtnck alessandro.modica at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 07:32:21 EDT 2010

I all guys.
I have a trouble problem during my envelope about a web application gis that
use mapguide as application server repository to retrieve map designed in
autocad.

Actually I able to highlights some features in a map, executing in sequence
a spatial query with a request operation denominate QUERYMAPFEATURES for
singular feature. I able to regenerate a final xml of FeatureInformation xml
type

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

        AQAAAA==
        AgAAAA==
        AwAAAA==
        BAAAAA==
        BQAAAA==
        BgAAAA==
        BwAAAA==
        CAAAAA==
        CQAAAA==
        CgAAAA==
        CwAAAA==
        DAAAAA==
        DQAAAA==
        DgAAAA==

        AQAAAA==

This xml is an input source for method of mapframe denominate
mapFrame.ProcessFeatureInfo(xmlFeatures, bool, int)

and after I have a good highlights of features target and all work fine!!

My problem is regenerate this xml FeatureInformation nothing to effort a
singular spatial query for all features and recover id features with
alphanumeric query. this approach is more and more fast about computional
elaborate. I have just implemented this new approach: I can regenerate a
identical xml FeatureInformation, but if I give in input this xml at
mapFrame.ProcessFeatureInfo method the features is NOT highlights on map and
this is bad :(

What's my mistake?

The attribute "ID" of tag Layer must assigned in a canonical md5 checksum
(94e82a90-ffff-ffff-8000-000c2964d2f9) ? or a simple random number it's
equals?
and if this id must assigned in this md5 format, there is a method to
retrieve a random id layer from mapguide to regenerate this xml
featureinformation?

thanks in advance for your response

see U

Alessandro