[mapguide-users] Subject: Best practices for running Fusion within frames

Gordon Luckett gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Wed Jul 28 21:18:22 EDT 2010

Hi Warren,

I usually use iframes (and always call it the same thing  "iFrameMap")

I have found some issues with targeting some of the searches and had to
modify the code to find my "iFrameMap" within FUSION.

I make use of the \www\fusion\layers\MapGuide\MapGuideViewerApi.js file and
modify the lines that show:

var Fusion = window.top.Fusion;

var Fusion = window.top.iFrameMap.Fusion;

and that usually works really well.

I use the iFrameMap for the AJAX Basic version to and usually pass a
parameter to the JS files with VTYPE='AJAX' or VTYPE='FUSION' so I know what
viewer API to use.

Hope that helps.

Hey Jason,

Sorry, my bad...  I should know better to include version details...  It's
been a long day :-)

I'm using MGE 2011.

I was just more curious what others are doing wrt Fusion.  Are people using
iFrames, or Frames, or just building their wrappers?

Thanks.

Warren