[mapguide-users] Services on Linux

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Wed Jun 2 22:22:48 EDT 2010

It depends on the flavour, but I think for most of them there is a
more structured approach of creating a control script and then
hyperlinking it from the appropriate linux run mode directory (or
something like that). The OS then runs the script with start/stop
parameters as appropriate. I built a script like this back when I was
experimenting with Ubuntu (look near the bottom):

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Building_Mapguide_on_Ubuntu_7.10_Server