[mapguide-users] Connection to Oracle via ODBC

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Jun 7 07:31:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to an orcale database 10g (no spatial) via tho FDO
Provider for ODBC.
I've created successfully the ODBC entry in the ODBC DataSource Manager and
can connect to the oracle database. I also can make a connection via MS
Access or the "old" MapGuide 6.5.

But unfortunately I get an error in MapGuide OpenSource (2.1):

An exception occurred in FDO component. Datastore 'GIS' does not exist, case
may be incorrect or is inaccessible from current connection.

The case is correct, I tested this already! My Username is 'GIS' but what
means 'Datastore'. Is datastore Oracle or FDO syntax.
Must the oracle database have a special schema(?) to be accessed by
MapGuide/FDO!

Thanks for any help,
Gunter