[mapguide-users] WMS and Mapguide with AutoCAD - at wits end...

Martin Morrison martin.morrison at edsi.com
Tue Jun 22 09:38:43 EDT 2010

" Unable to resolve host " may be the key here.  Are you SURE that "http://142.142.41.157:8008<http://142.142.41.157:8008/>" is correct?  Are you really running on port 8008?

Martin Morrison
Application Engineer
Engineering Design Systems, Inc.
3780 Peters Creek Rd Ext SW
Roanoke, VA  24018
540.345.1410
gis.edsi.com

From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Mike Micallef
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:36 AM
To: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapguide-users] WMS and Mapguide with AutoCAD - at wits end...

I need HELP! I am having difficulties getting the wms services from MapGuide to show up in other applications - specifically AutoCad 2009 Civil 3d or ArcGIS 9.2. I have tried setting up the service through Studio and Maestro. I have tried several different settings but I still get the error messages: Failed to Get Bands Unable to resolve host. host not found. my connection string is http://142.142.41.157:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&USERNAME=WmsUser&PASSWORD=mmm&version=1.1.1 I am using 2.1 MG OS. I am using the out of the box connector for ArcGIS and the FDO connector for AutoCAD built into that release. I can see the listing of the layers in both ArcGIS and Autocad but cannot load any layers. I have information filled out for several of my WMS layers and can see changes in the descriptions if I update them including projection changes. I cannot load them - i just get the above messages in AutoCAD or nothing showing up in ArcGIS. Please help - anyone knwo a path to try/??? Mike