[mapguide-users] develop mapguide

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 23:41:46 EDT 2010

FDO is simply the (geospatial) data access layer (similiar to JDBC/ODBC)

MGP is the mapguide export package format which contains the
underlying xml layers, maps
and also optionally embedded file based formats like shp. It's
actually a zip file

what do you mean by map.shp ?

if you mean how do you create a map with mapguide using a shp file

1. create a feature source using a FDO provider pointing to say a SHP
file or database
2. create a layer which uses that feature source
3. create a mapDefinition which uses that layer
4. create a web layout which uses that map definition

thats about it

which authoring tool and mapguide version are you using?