[mapguide-users] MapGuide 2.2 ODBC schema walk on Oracle 10g

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Tue Jun 29 22:09:25 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am posting this to -users since it may be of public interest.  I have an Oracle 10g XE database with a single user and three attribute tables.  There are no spatial tables in the database.  When I create an ODBC database connection using Maestro or Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2011, the UI freezes for about five minutes.

Turning on trace logging reveals that the MapGuide Server is executing DescribeSchemaAsXML for the three tables owned by the user and all of the public synonyms visible to the user.  This includes tables like ALL_CATALOG, CTX_OBJECTS, and WWV_FLOW_HOURS_12 just to name a few.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to limit the schema walk to only return the tables owned by the Oracle user?

Thanks,
Trevor