[mapguide-users] MapGuide connection to SQL Server through ODBC

Warren Medernach wmedernach at rand.com
Mon Mar 15 16:16:03 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a connection to SQL Server through ODBC using MG
Studio.

This works fine on a local test system where MG server & SQL Server are
installed on the same machine.

When deployed, MG Server is NOT installed on the same machine as SQL
Server.

In this scenario, I can create a UDL on the MG server machine and
successfully connect to SS with no problems.

However, when I try to create a data connection in MG, it fails with the
following error:

response returned status code 502 (BadGateway)

It would seem that something on the SQL Server machine is blocking the
connection request from MG.  So the question is, what is MG doing
differently than a simple UDL connection to communicate with the SQL
Server machine?

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MGE 2010

SQL Server 2005

Warren M