[mapguide-users] RE: MapGuide with Openlayers (Searching for Detailed yet Simple Development Examples)

Chris Gountanis cgountanis at mpowerinnovations.com
Thu Mar 18 16:17:58 EDT 2010

Thanks for your detailed response! Maybe this should be in the Openlayers
section but it started here so. It is very helpful confirming that I am not
completely clueless. We all want speedy development cycles and at first
glance Openlayers seemed to promise interoperability with MapServer,
MapGuide, ArcGIS and basic WMS. Google, Bing and so on. It's great for
displaying maps, redlining and overlays hands down, don't get me wrong.

Openlayers still is a great hope that we don't have to recode a client side
interface for every map application we build or was that never the end goal?
I guess what I am saying is will we ever be able to use Openlayers to bring
layers in on those systems and make selections to name a few standard
features without huge client side hacks?

Do you see more Openlayers API development for MapGuide and ArcGIS
specifically in the future?

Chris Gountanis | www.mpowerinnovations.com
mPower Innovations
Software Engineer
1051 N Lynndale Drive, Suite 2A, Appleton, WI 54914
T: 920.830-4053 ext. 205 | F: 920.955-4057