[mapguide-users] RE: Out of memory exception when generating tiles from large raster imagery

julien.leture julien.leture at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 05:07:12 EDT 2010

Hi Trevor,

Thanks to your reply.

Trevor Wekel wrote:

> The out of memory exception is typically caused by exceeding the virtual
> memory on the MapGuide Server process, and not the working set.  Under
> Windows Task Manager, View...  Select Columns...  add Peak Memory Usage
> and Virtual Memory Size.  If either of these hit 1.5GB or more for the
> MapGuide Server process, you are likely to run into problems.

I added the two columns "Peak Memory Usage" and "Virtual Memory Size". For
this morning crash, the VM size was 800 MB. I know that 800 MB is a limit
for a 32 bits processes like ASP.NET Worker process ; maybe it is the same
for MapGuide but you are talking about 1.5 GB.

Anyway, I am continuing to investigate about ECW. I will try to merge some
files to have fewer but heavier files.

-----
Julien Leture
.net developper