[mapguide-users] Re: Mag Guide setup on II7 2008 Server Issue, Please help

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Wed May 5 16:02:37 EDT 2010

I have multiple servers (Windows 2003 R2/2008 R2) and workstations (Windows
7/XP/Vista) both in 32 and 64 bit modes working with MGOS without any
problems. I agree - documentation on installation process not very helpful
to say the least ;-)

Things to check:

1. MapGuideAppPool (default application pool for the MapGuide) has to have
"Identity" - Network Service and "Enable 32-Bit Applications" set to true.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5010815/server1.png

2. Default Web Site (IIS) has to have Anonymous Authentication - Enabled

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5010815/Server3.png

3. If you use .NET and AJAX Viewer - you have to manually create application
- mapviewernet as installer will not do it for you.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5010815/Server4.png

4. IIS - mapagent application/Handler Mappings - make sure PHP ISAPI Handler
(*.php) and MapGuide MapAgent ISAPI handler (mapagent.fcgi) are there

Note: If you uninstalling/installing - sometimes you need to manually remove
these handlers after uninstall before installing MGOS again.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5010815/Server2.png

5. If you trying to install MGOS on server with some other 32-bit software
(WSUS/Sharepoint) - you need to follow advise from here:
http://forums.iis.net/t/1149768.aspx http://forums.iis.net/t/1149768.aspx

If this information would not help - let me know - I can send you MGOS
installation document created for my application, but I need to modify it
first.

Regards,

Andrei