[mapguide-users] Re: Mag Guide setup on II7 2008 Server Issue, Please help

Victoria (Tori) Myers tmyers at jeffersoncountywv.org
Thu May 6 10:35:56 EDT 2010

Steve (and all the others helping),

	First thank you again for you assistance.

	This morning I took everything off. Uninstalled MGOS, went to the
site below, match the instructions with the ones I had previously printed
out, Went into IIS and took out everything except the mapguide website
(Though nothing remained in the website folder). Rebooted (just in case),
reinstalled MGOS per the PDF instructions (the html says to use manual
configuration but it gives no details about what to do to get through that
portion of the install, so I choose the pdf version). Of course it installed
to the default website but I just left it there and tried to see if I could
get it running.

	The results? Nearly the same as before though instead of getting
cannot establish connection errors for the web tier tests, it give me a log
in box (Authentication Required, Enter username and password for
http://localhost, I type in the MGOS login and it gives me another login
box, I type my admin password for the site, I type my windows password for
the server all with the same results. No matter what I type so it is
obviously not accepting the login even though I went in and set the MGOS to
allow anonymous and the website already allows anonymous users.

	Two questions: 1. Do I need to use manual configuration or can the
IIS configuration work? (yes I know if I want it to be its own site I must
use manual configuration. 2. Can MGOS reside in the C:\program files (x86)
directory or will that fail (as indicated by one set of instructions I
have)?

	Also, to Mainsi, who suggested a virtual machine, I would love to
but resources are very limited here and our small group of users will just
have to cope with short outages when I need to reboot. I really can't
justify using a virtual machine. Our site is not mission critical just a
convenience. Besides when I get this working they will be very happy. The
site has had three users (not counting myself) this morning and it is only
down for a minute or so when I reboot.

Thanks again for all the assistance
Tori