[mapguide-users] Partial transparent selection color of the Ajax viewer

Julien Leture julien.leture at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:45:33 EDT 2010

Hi MapGuide users,

I am reading the HTTP API documentation (great work by the way, very
usefull) and I have a question about the selection color of the Ajax viewer
:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/HttpApi/RenderingService#SelectionColor2.0

We can read "The selection is drawn in partially transparent red" because of
the "80" of the 0xFF000080 (RGBA format). However, in the MapGuide Best
Practices Wiki
(http://sandbox.mapguide.com/index.php/Change_Selection_Color_Setting), we
can read "Currently I’m not seeing the alpha value have any impact as either
FF or 00 so I don’t think it’s being used".

With MapGuide OS 2.1 (Enterprise 2010), PNG 8 bits and the GD render, I can
confirm that the alpha value of the selection color does not have any
impact.

Is there an improvement coming for the next release (MapGuide OS 2.2) or
maybe it's only working with the AGG render ?

Thanks.

-----
Julien Leture
.net developper