[mapguide-users] Re: Partial transparent selection color of the Ajax viewer

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Fri May 7 12:10:21 EDT 2010

The selection transparency levels for selection are hard-coded:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/Stylization/SE_Renderer.cpp#L135

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/Renderers/GDRenderer.cpp#L1537

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Common/Renderers/AGGRenderer.cpp#L1410

I believe that this is because it's generally desirable for the line to be
darker than the fill.  I guess that there are a couple options here; either
define a desirable alpha offset for the line, or create a second parameter
for the line fill colour.  A (harder) third option, but one which I would
personally prefer, would be to allow setting a SymbolDefinition for the
selection.

There are enhancement ticket requesting this change, but nobody's stepped up
with a solution yet:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/852

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/416

Jason