[mapguide-users] Re: Here's your chance to choose what's going to be presented at FOSS4G 2010 in Barcelona

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Thu May 13 22:18:40 EDT 2010

Having endured FOSS4G last year, which was a lot of fun, given that
it's a really
geeky crowd there, by the end of it I was bored to tears by all the low level
stuff being covered, ie yet another framework presentation.

Some of my favourite presentations where from Paul Ramsey, Simon Greener
and Jackie Ng. Keep in mind the audience are mostly open source geeks and
explaining basic obvious stuff gets boring quickly, I'd suggest try
and keep it high level
focussing on whats different about MapGuide and some interesting applications
of it.

I have done some GITA presentations down here in Oz with Milton from Autodesk
and the feedback from the audience afterwards was always there are
more interested
in case studies and advanced tip n tricks than how to install and
configure something

Looking at that list below, you could write a quick blog article or
wiki page about
half of those items, hint, hint

Hope I don't come across to hard in what I'm saying, I just really got
a bit fed up
after a while at FOSS4G, keep it high level and engaging, take
advantage of having an
audience which are reasonably technical