[mapguide-users] SelectFeatures vs SelectAggregate on SDF FeatureSource

Benoit Begin bbegin at geomapgis.ca
Mon Nov 1 14:45:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

So I'm not sure if this issue is also present on Mapguide 2.2, as I'm
deploying an application using Mapguide 2011 Update 1. Still, I'm stupid
amounts of baffled by this issue. Nothing works right using the SDF
provider. Any queries without a geometry field made with SelectFeatures will
not return any records. No errors occur, but no records are ever returned.
While the exact same code, using the SelectAggregate function will return
the desired records.

Is this a new behavior that is to be expected when running a query without
adding the geometry column to the query? Or is this an issue specific to the
SDF provider? I've already deployed an application that uses King.Oracle as
the provider and it didn't seem to have this side effect.

Lets just say that this breaks a whole slew of code in both Fusion or any
custom code that was written to hit up SDF file for data. Hopefully it's
just something that is broken inside of the provider and can somehow be
fixed. Any idea if this is something different in Mapguide or an issue I
need to write up on the SDF provider?

Thanks!