[mapguide-users] MaestroAPI: GetRuntimeMap takes a long time to return the RuntimeMap

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Fri Nov 19 09:07:50 EST 2010

Hi,

I found out that "ServerConnectionI.GetRuntimeMap" takes unseemingly long
to receive the RuntimeMap. On my computer it takes nearly 1 second to get
back the runtime map. As I make havy use of this methode in different
classes it could be that I invoke this methode up to five times during a
webrequest so that the response time ends up with 5 or 6 seconds. That's not
what I want it to be.

It doesn't change anything if I reduce the number of layers in the map. It
takes always nearly the same time whether there are 50 layers or just 1
layer in the map.

I'm using MaestroAPI (v2.1.4.5245) with MGOS2.2 RC1 and I'm pretty sure that
the request time was considerable faster with MGOS 2.1 and the former
MaestroAPI (can't remember the version).

In some critical places I've re-written my code to use the MgMap-Object
through MapGuideDotNetApi and this speeds up my application notable. But it
the most cases I would love to use the MaestroAPIs RuntimeMap-object and I
would also need to much time to change my whole code.

Does someone know of any changes made to this methode in the MaestroAPI?

Thanks, Gunter