[mapguide-users] Insert a Point in MapGuide map

ar_gaeta ar_gaeta at yahoo.it
Fri Nov 26 08:45:20 EST 2010

The problem that I have is insert a point in a existing feature source loaded
into a map.
I've look in a lot of manuals and discussions, principally:
1-http://www.osgeo.org/files/mapguide/docs/webapi/d1/d60/class_mg_point.htm
2-http://svn.osgeo.org/mapguide/trunk/MgDev/Common/Geometry/AgfReaderWriter.h
3-http://augiru.augi.com/content/library/au07/data/paper/DE205-3.pdf
4-http://www.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapguide-users/2007-September/009023.html

But I'm not able to achieve that and I don't understand where is the
problem.
Premises:
-the feature where I want to insert the new element came from a shpfile and
it's stored inside the server, and is writable. The name of the layer is
""pti_23032"" and has 2 fields obligatory to modify: "Geometry" and
"FeatId";
-I launch the script directly from the taskpane of my Ajax layout;
-I have access to the map as Administrator;
-I use MGOS 2.2 in php/java

This is the code that I'm using to try to insert a "static" point to the
map. It doesn't give me any error, but it doesn't create the point too! I
attach it

Thanks in advance for your help.

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n5777309/draw_point.jsp
draw_point.jsp

(I write here the "core" part of my code):

	//Specify the property values
	MgPropertyCollection properties = new MgPropertyCollection();
	MgAgfReaderWriter agfWriter = new MgAgfReaderWriter();

	//Proviamo a creare il punto acquisendo le coordinate:
	MgGeometryFactory geoFactory = new MgGeometryFactory();

		double x = Double.parseDouble(coods[0]);
		double y = Double.parseDouble(coods[1]);
		MgCoordinate coordinate = geoFactory.CreateCoordinateXY(x, y);

	MgPoint point = geoFactory.CreatePoint(coordinate);

	//Proviamo con queste righe prese dal forum salvato sul desktop...niente:
	MgWktReaderWriter wktReaderWriter = new MgWktReaderWriter();
	String pointstring = "POINT XY (" + Double.toString(x) + " " +
Double.toString(y) + ")";
	MgGeometry geometry = (MgPoint) wktReaderWriter.Read(pointstring);
	MgByteReader geometryByteReader = agfWriter.Write(geometry);

	properties.Add(new MgGeometryProperty("Geometry", geometryByteReader));
	properties.Add(new MgInt32Property("FeatId", 6));

	MgInsertFeatures insertFeature1 = new MgInsertFeatures(layername,
properties);
	MgFeatureCommandCollection commands = new MgFeatureCommandCollection();
	commands.Add(insertFeature1);

	//Per eseguire il comando--In realtà non serve ad un cazzo questa variabile
"layer"...:
	MgLayer layer = (MgLayer)map.GetLayers().GetItem(layername);
	featureService.UpdateFeatures(fdo, commands, false);