[mapguide-users] Re: Insert a Point in MapGuide map

ar_gaeta ar_gaeta at yahoo.it
Mon Nov 29 04:36:05 EST 2010

The point is that I don't receive any error, and the procedure go ahead
without problem. I put a "catch - getDetails" at the end of the script and
nothing happen. I put as well some "out.println" in the middle of the code
to verify the creation of variables, and all the results seems to be good.
So I really don't know where can be the problem...

**** While I was answering I've tried to do the same work on a .sdf file,
and IT WORKS!!!!
So the problem was that the feature I was working on was a shapefile saved
inside the MapGuide server but not converted into an .sdf file. I check this
and in effect my MGMaestro 2.1.4 don't let me save as sdf when I make a SHP
Load Procedure!

So at this point:
- someone have the same problem, I mean that it's not able to convert a
shapefile into sdf?
- it's not possible so to modify the geometry of a shapefile (saved inside
the MG server)? Or it must be activated some options to make the resource
feature editable? I've tried to modify the table attributes and to delete a
shpfile and MG let me do this without any problem. So I'm asking to myself:
why MGOS don't allow me to add a feature??

Thank very much for your support.

Riccardo