[mapguide-users] Again: strong naming of MapGuideDotNetApi.dll

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Oct 11 07:37:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to test my webapplication with then new RC of MapGuide2.2 and
the MaestroApi (v2.1.4.5245) but I'm not able to strong naming
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll. I did this before with older MGOS 2.1 and this worked
for me.

Now I got the same error as mentioned in this thread about strong naming
mapguidedotnetapi.ddl of MGE 2011. I tried to strong naming all required
dll's with signer.exe:

Signer -k c:\tmp\MaestroKey\maestroapi.key -outdir c:\tmp\MaestroKey\Strong
-a *.dll

This signed all dependent dll that where new in MGOS2.2, but not
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll itself.

I got the following Error:

An error occured while processing file .\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll: Command
ilasm.exe /DLL /QUIET /key=c:\tmp\MaestroKey\maestroapi.key
/OUTPUT=c:\tmp\MaestroKey\Strong\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll
C:\Users\CSO\AppData\Local\Temp\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll.il
/RES="C:\Users\CSO\AppData\Local\Temp\MapGuideDotNetApi.dll.res"
Output:
***** FAILURE *****

Nevertheless I tried using the unsigned MapGuideDotNetApi.dll and the five
signed dll. But I got the expected exception:

Error: Could not load
file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi, Version=2.0.0.2308, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=f526c48929fda856' or one of its dependencies.
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly
reference

In my web.config I have the following bindingRedirect:

<runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
         <dependentAssembly>
	 <assemblyIdentity name="MapGuideDotNetApi"
publicKeyToken="f526c48929fda856" />
	 <bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.0.0.2308" newVersion="1.0.0.1" />
         </dependentAssembly>
     </assemblyBinding>
</runtime>

Any ideas on solving this problem. How do I strong naming the MGOS
mapguidedotnetapi.dll?

Thanks Gunter