[mapguide-users] Re: Again: strong naming of MapGuideDotNetApi.dll

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Mon Oct 11 09:37:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for your answer. I think the error appears because it is not signed.
Does it work finally for you with MapGuide Enterprise 2011?

If yes, then I would say it is because of the Enterprise
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll. I don't know exactly what's the difference between
the enterpise and the open source dll. Maybe your dll is already signed!

Anyway, I checked the version number of the enterprise dll which is indeed
2.2.0.5305. The version number of opensource dll is 1.0.0.1 like it already
was in MGOS 2.1.

And that's the reason why the newVersion-Attribute of bindingRedirect is set
to "1.0.0.1". This works fine with MGOS 2.1.

Does RFC68 mean that I don't need the mapguidedotnetapi.dll at all? Do I
only need this for MaestroAPI. If so, can I use an older
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll for Maestro?

I'm a little confused!

Gunter