[mapguide-users] Problem connecting initialize WebTier in MGOS 2.2 RC1

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Thu Oct 14 16:25:19 EDT 2010

Hi,

while struggling to get the
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Again-strong-naming-of-MapGuideDotNetApi-dll-td5622823.html#a5622823
MaestroAPI work with MapGuide2.2  I got an error which I can narrow down to
the initializing of the webtier.

I setup a basic asp.net project (web application project) and located all
required dlls into the bin folder and referenced them. When I'm trying to
initialize the WebTier (MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(iniPath +
"webconfig.ini")) I get the following error message:

The type initializer for 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE' threw an
exception

And the InnerException is: Unable to load DLL 'WebUnmanagedApi': Access
denied (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

The WebUnmanagedApi.dll is definitely in the bin folder!
It sounds like I have the same problem as Birgir in this post of
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Attempted-to-read-or-write-protected-memory-This-is-often-an-indication-that-other-memory-is-corrupt-td5603440.html#a5607176
connecting to MGE 2011

I wonder if anyone else has got this problem before. Is there nobody who
have tried to initialize the webtier through the API before with the beta,
the release candidate or MGE 2011?

Maybe, could it be that it is a problem with the 64Bit version of MapGuide
which I am using right now?
Also, I tested it with VisualStudio 2010 (.NET 4) and VisualStudio 2008
(.NET 3.5/.NET 2).
Same result!

Any idea, what's going wrong?

Thanks Gunter!