[mapguide-users] Re: Problem connecting initialize WebTier in MGOS 2.2 RC1

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Fri Oct 15 03:24:46 EDT 2010

Hi Jackie,

yes this was relevant to me! Thank you very much.

The 'NETWORSERVICE' wich the MapGuideAppPool is runing under had only read
permissions on the bin folder. I haven't needed it before, cause in MapGuide
2.1 there were paths set in environment settings to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Php\" and "C:\Program Files
(x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\mapviewernet\bin". All referenced dll's were
located in these folders . So I haven't to put them in the bin folder and
therefore never had to grant the 'NETWORSERVICE' specific access.

I realized that the path to mapviewernet in MGOS 2.2 isn't there anymore.
The PHP path is still there but the folder hasn't got the required files. So
in 2.2 you have to explicitly put all the required dll's in the bin folder
like in releases pre MGOS 2.1 ... and of course have to grant access to the
'NETWORKSERVICE'.

Hope this helps someone!

By the way, does someone know what's the reason for removing the path to
'mapviewernet' in environment settings?

Gunter