[mapguide-users] Re: data porting

Mauricio Villablanca mgvillablanca at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 06:15:40 EDT 2010

No I don't have any code although I'm sure there's plenty of websites that
share VBA for reading objects that might match your drawings. I doubt
there's a free all-in-one solution out there giving the huge amount of
object types in CAD drawings.

However you can try this: use Autocad Architecture to open a drawing then
export its properties it to MS Access then use an ODBC connection to read
the tables and insert the data into SQl Server. That will take care of
attributes only though. For geometries, you need to use the FDO API.