[mapguide-users] Re: Problem connecting GeoREST to MapGuideOS 2.2 RC1

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Thu Oct 21 08:01:05 EDT 2010

I don't see clearly from your email what you are entering in restcfg.xml.

In georest documentation there are samples how you define MG Layers as
source of your data.
http://code.google.com/p/georest/wiki/Configuration
Like:
<Source type="MapGuide">
      <FeatureSource>Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Data/Parcels.FeatureSource</FeatureSource>
      <FeatureClass>SHP_Schema:Parcels</FeatureClass>
      <ServerIp>192.168.0.33</ServerIp>
      <ServerPort>2812</ServerPort>
 </Source>

On the doc page there is also sample for kml representation
Like:
<Representation renderer="Template" pattern=".kml"
mimetype="application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml" >

pattern defines string which is used to recognize which representation
is requested from URI. Like: http://yourserver/rest/sheboygan/1.kml
Could be .xml .html, .json,..., .xxx - whatever you define in
<Representation pattern=".xxx". It is up to you.

What you enter as "mimetype" is included in georest http response as
content type .

Trough using Templates you can define basically any type of text-based
response. Atom, GeoRSS, KML, XML, etc..
In order for URI to be recognized by GeoRest and response recognized
by client "pattern" and "mimetype" are used.

Haris