[mapguide-users] Maestro 3.0 test build #2

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Tue Oct 26 14:13:08 EDT 2010

Wow.

I'm totally blown away by the speed that you're iterating features.  Either
you're not sleeping, or your heavy re-factor of Maestro is really paying
off.  Or maybe both :)

I'm really looking forward to testing the inter-server migration features;
hope I can do this tonight.  This will really help with my current process
(dump both sites to MGP, extract, check for differences with Beyond Compare,
migrate smaller packages or XML copy/paste of the differing areas).

Do the migration tools check the site version to make sure that the
resources being migrated are compatible with the other server? Hopefully the
person doing the migration would know what's going on, but... :)

My pipe dream would be a tool for opening two sites side-by-side and
visually seeing the differences somehow.  Beyond Compare has an awesome UI
for this on the filesystem level where the differences are colour coded and
you can filter to only see differences, etc.

Jason