[mapguide-users] Re: Mapguide won't display all features fromKing Oracle connections

Jonio, Dennis (Aviation) DJonio at miami-airport.com
Wed Oct 27 07:56:18 EDT 2010

Haris,
Apologies for my poor explanation.
Yes, you did fix gtype=4. Works just fine, DB wise. _MapGuide_ does NOT render 4's. It does render the other multi-gtypes = 5,6 and 7.

Like I said, I have always constructed _circle_ objects as INFO_ARRY(1,1005,1,1,2,2)'s. I was skeptical from the beginning about Oracles _optimized point_ so I make those as INFO_ARRAY(1,1,1) and the Oracle _rectangle_ becomes a INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,1,1,2,1) w/all 5 ordinates.  A couple days ago I experimented w/Function:
 OnCircleDigitized(Circle) {
            r = Circle.Radius;
            p1x = Circle.Center.X + r;
            p1y = Circle.Center.Y + r;

            p2x = Circle.Center.X - r;
            p2y = Circle.Center.Y + r;

            p3x = Circle.Center.X - r;
            p3y = Circle.Center.Y - r;

            p4x = Circle.Center.X + r;
            p4y = Circle.Center.Y - r;

            ords = p1x + "," + p1y + "," + p4x + "," + p4y + "," + p3x + "," + p3y + "," + p2x + "," + p2y + "," + p1x + "," + p1y;
            //tmp = "MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003, 2236, NULL, MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1005,1,1,2,2), MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(" +
            //        ords + "))";
            tmp = "MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2003, 2236, NULL, MDSYS.SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,4), MDSYS.SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY("
                    + p1x + "," + p1y + "," + p2x + "," + p2y + "," + p3x + "," + p3y +
                    "))";
            var geometryInput = document.getElementById("currentscribblegeometryInput");
            geometryInput.value = tmp;
            tmp_control = document.getElementById("sessionName");
            SESSION = tmp_control.value;
            tmp_control = document.getElementById("mapName");
            MAPNAME = tmp_control.value;
            tmp_control = document.getElementById("textForFeature");
            TEXT = tmp_control.value;
            tmp_control = document.getElementById("currentscribbleText");
            tmp_control.value = TEXT;

            MiMethodsMgr.InsertUserSessionFeature(SESSION, MAPNAME, TEXT, 0, geometryInput.value,
                                OnCompleteUserSessionInsertMethod, OnError_Generic, OnTimeOut_Generic);

        }
And found that my _ORACLE circles_ were _Oraclewise_ valid BUT I get the _failed to stylize-my bad_ error in the log and the layer does not render.
As a side note FDO Toolkit fails to read a table w/a Oracle _circle_. (By the way, I do this insert via OracleConnection NOT MapGuide/FDO. I must do validity checking before the insert. So if there is/was an issue I would not have seen it here.)

I hope I have done a better job in explaining? I am very, very pleased w/KingOra. Oracle itself has done a poor job in explaining that Oracle Locator is all that is required to do the basics and it is totally FREE. With the sheer weight of Oracle's experience w/geometry objects I certainly believe you have hit the mark w/this provider! Kudoes to you!!!

Haris, IMHO, there is absolutely NO advantage in storing INFO_ARRAY(1,1003,4)'s over INFO_ARRY(1,1005,1,1,2,2)'s.
r,
dennis