[mapguide-users] Custom styling in MapGuide 2010

mighty_duck msiljegovic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 06:25:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a little problem.  Have layer consisted of huge polygons. Polygon's
border is created as combination of straight lines and arcs. Using custom
styling I succeed to style those lines, so basicaly I styled border line of
polygon.

What I dont know is it possible with custom styling fill area of polygon
with some color? In symbol style xml definition there is tag AreaUsage but
Im not sure if I can do something special on this position. Also in custom
styling documentation I found following sentence

- Symbol definition usage for area features is not supported.

Looks like it is not supported at all?!

At the end of my attempts I tried to combine custom styling with MapGuide
studio 2010 styling on the level of layer but it seems when custom styling
is included MapGuide styling doesnt have any effect.

Does anyone have some expirience in this or similar cases?

Thanks in advance