[mapguide-users] Changing custom PoolSize for GDAL has no effect

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Apr 13 05:23:16 EDT 2011

Hi,

when changing the DataConnectionPoolSizeCustom entry for the GDAL Provider
in serverconfig.ini it seems that this
setting has no effect. Even if I delete the entry from the
DataConnectionPoolSizeCustom it is the same. I checked the feature source
cache through the WebAPI (GETFDOCACHEINFO). It always shows me just 1
connection to the GDAL-Provider:

    OSGeo.Gdal
    1
    1

I know about the problems with the GDAL Provider when increasing the pool
size but I want to test this setting because of a bunch of raster
FeatureSources (approx. 35 and some more in the future) and a heavy(?) user
load of 50 concurrent users (also more in the future). It seems that this
leads up to five crashes of the MapGuide Server per day:

Error: An exception occurred in DB XML component.
        Please try your operation later as the repository was busy.

All rasterfiles were optimized (eg. overviews etc.) through the gdal tools!
We are using MapGuide 2.2 RC1 (2.2.0.5197) on Windows Server 2008 R2, 16 GB
RAM

Is the single DataConnection to the GDAL Provider a defect or does the
setting in serverconfig.ini just reflects a hard-coded workaround for the
issues of the GDAL Provider?

Thanks, Gunter