[mapguide-users] GDAL Raster Image Catalogs. What are they?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:07:00 EDT 2011

Shock horror! Yes, I am asking a question about something I do not really
know anything about! :D

In Maestro 2.1.4 there was a feature in the GDAL feature source editor that
allows for the quick assembly of GDAL configuration documents. The editor
allowed you to browse to a raster image file or a directory of raster image
files and it will build or update the XML configuration document of the
feature source based on the selection.

In Maestro 3.0 the GDAL feature source editor has this same feature except
that the ability to browse by aliased directories has been removed, because
I was of the belief that MapGuide wouldn't recognise and translate tokens
like MG_DATA_ALIAS_PATH in XML configuration documents.

Restoring this missing functionality is not a problem for me, but if I do I
need to be able to verify this functionality.

So my question is simply: What do these documents do to the feature source?
If I preview a layer off of this configured feature source, what am I
supposed to be seeing? A raster image? A combination of raster images based
on what I specified in the config file?

- Jackie