[mapguide-users] RE: [mapguide-trac] #1667: MapGuide Maestro and Oracle Spatial

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:04:49 EDT 2011

The whole point with FDO is that it abstracts aways the specific database
and lets you simply work with the spatial datasets exposed via the
featureSource.

The only database specific item is the way each FDO provider names
the features classes (tables in db speak)
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc43

That shouldn't be an issue for what your doing.

So once your have your Oracle FDO connection working, you simply start
creating (authoring) layers and then combining them into creating maps