[mapguide-users] Re: WMS-service - poor performance in MapGuide

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 03:18:10 EDT 2011

This is likely the result of Maestro creating a default WMS document where
each logical feature class is mapped to *only one* WMS layer.

As a result, a 43 WMS layer Map Definition would fire off 43 wms
requests(!?) when rendering.

The FDO WMS provider does support configurations that allow multiple WMS
layers to be combined in to a single logical feature class (link:
http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoWmsNotes)

You could probably make it work with the existing Maestro UI, by typing in
the WMS layers to be combined under the "Layers (one line per layer name)"
field for the selected feature class in the WMS Advanced Configuration
dialog. I haven't tried this myself, so I cannot vouch for whether this
actually works.

- Jackie