[mapguide-users] Re: Ajax Viewer support for touch devices

Nadia Spitilli nspitilli at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:07:35 EDT 2011

Hi Benjamin,
My question was about Ajax viewer, not Fusion.

The problem is almost the same: you have to write proper handler for touch
events, mapping them into mouse events.
http://developer.apple.com/library/safari/ipad/#documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/HandlingEvents/HandlingEvents.html
Here  you can find ipad events reference.

However, I didn't succed to do that on Ajax viewer. It is based on a maparea
(HTML tag) and I supposed I need to extend events handling. But my attempts
to do that were unsuccessful.

But until now I wonder why mobile devices are not supported, I guess that
for map guide developers it could be not so difficult ...

Regards,
Nadia