[mapguide-users] RE: Alias to external DWF files

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Tue Aug 30 11:34:47 EDT 2011

When the load procedure is first run, it creates the directory with the DWF
and the uniqueID within the repository.  If I run that same load procedure
again with an updated DWF, doesn't it just overwrite the existing DWF in the
same directory?  I don't think it creates another one unless you create a
new load procedure.

I did try and just overwrite that DWF in the repository to see what would
happen.  So far its been less than successful.  After overwriting the file,
I can no longer see the dwf data within studio or the viewer, it's just
blank in the preview window of studio and doesn't appear in the viewer.  I
restarted the AIMS service to refresh the data within the viewer and studio,
but the DWF is still not shown.  I have no idea where the dwf is getting
cached, I thought restarting the service and browser would release that
cache but no such luck.  I even recycled the application pool, and restarted
IIS with no luck.   I can download the dwf from my datasource in Studio and
it's the correct DWF, but its not appearing the viewer.  This may have
something to do with the XML Jonathon spoke of but I don't know.

I thought it was my kids giving me grey hair, but I can now see it's these
dwf's in MGE.