[mapguide-users] Re: Automatic zoom to selected features

soudemans soudemans at ruekert-mielke.com
Thu Dec 1 11:36:05 EST 2011

Jackie Ng wrote

> try: main.ExecuteMapAction(10);
>
> 10 is the command code for the built-in zoom to selection viewer command
>
> - Jackie

That was it:
        s += " main.ExecuteMapAction(10); " & vbLf
Now the obvious question: Is this kind of stuff documented anywhere.  How is
anyone supposed to know that ExecuteMapAction(10) means "zoom to select." I
looked for "zoom" commands in the Mapguide OS API reference and the only
thing I found that remotely matched zoom to a selection was the ZoomToView
command that I used.  To be honest the fact that said API reference has no
search feature isn't very helpful (perhaps someone will take note of that).
In any case thanks for your help Jackie.

Sierk