[mapguide-users] Possible BUG using <ParameterOverrides> on Layer with custom Symbol

Carlos Lacerda carlos.lacerda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 11:56:12 EST 2011

Hi All,

I suspect found a bug on use of ParameterOverrides with custom symbol, this
can make me have to abort the use of mapguide on my project =(

I trying use <ParameterOverrides> to change color of element in my Layer
using field of FeatureClass defined by DataSource KingOra FDO.

To make this solution I use this document of Autodesk as reference:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/attachment/wiki/AdvancedStylization/building_symbol_libraries.pdf

Below a piece of code I use:

Symbol Definition:
---
...<Graphics>
    <Path>
      <Geometry>
       M -1,0
       A 1,1 0 1 1 1,0
       A 1,1 0 1 1 -1,0
     </Geometry>
      <FillColor>%COR%</FillColor>
      <LineColor>%COR%</LineColor>
      <LineWeight>0.3</LineWeight>
    </Path>
  </Graphics>
  <PointUsage />
  <ParameterDefinition>
    <Parameter>
      <Identifier>COR</Identifier>
      <DefaultValue>FFFF6600</DefaultValue>
      <DisplayName>Color line of symbol</DisplayName>
      <Description>The color of Symbol.</Description>
      <DataType>String</DataType>
    </Parameter>
  </ParameterDefinition>
---

Layer Definition:

....<CompositeTypeStyle>
        <CompositeRule>
          <LegendLabel>TEST</LegendLabel>
          <CompositeSymbolization>
            <SymbolInstance>

<ResourceId>Library://MG/Symbols/INTERLIG.SymbolDefinition</ResourceId>
              <ParameterOverrides>
                <Override>
                  <SymbolName>INTERLIGADOR</SymbolName>
                  <ParameterIdentifier>COR</ParameterIdentifier>
                  <ParameterValue>"COR"</ParameterValue>
                </Override>
              </ParameterOverrides>
              <ScaleX>3000</ScaleX>
              <ScaleY>3000</ScaleY>
              <SizeContext>MappingUnits</SizeContext>
            </SymbolInstance>
          </CompositeSymbolization>
        </CompositeRule>
      </CompositeTypeStyle>
----

In Layer definition if I set value with a incorrect Field like "XXXXX" the
default color from SymbolDefinition is used, if I set a fixed color value
like FF000000 this color is used correctly, but when I set a Field of my
FeatureClass like "COR",that owns the color definition, the layer not render
nothing, no symbol  =(

I did something wrong ??
Anyone already have this problem ?
Can be a bug o FDO driver or where ??