[mapguide-users] Fusion - MGE tooltip using iframe collapsable?

frosty1_4me kbowman at cityofgp.com
Fri Feb 18 14:31:42 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this.  In MGE studio instead of
using the out of the box tooltips for some features in our map, we have used
an aspx page to display the information for the feature on the tooltip.  It
looks great, but the size is an issue as the tooltip covers up alot of other
features on the map.

The aspx page is displayed in an iframe for the tooltip.  I was wonder if it
was possible to have a tooltip that displays a label which shows information
stored in the sdf (ie. parcel id), then have a link/image/button the user
can hover over or click on which would expand the rest of the iframe and
show the rest of the information.

Now you might ask, why don't you just have a link in the aspx page to open
the full report?  Well we already have that link in the aspx page so the
user can click and view a report on the feature, but to keep the tooltop
small, I'd like them to be over to just see one line of information then
have the ability to expand that tool tip to show other quick reference
information (such as address, and an image for example) but without it
taking up the real estate on the tooltip initially.

In studio we have this for the tooltip:

CONCAT('<iframe width=350 height=130
src="http://mysite/tooltip.aspx?MAP_ID=', PARCEL_ID, '" frameborder=0
marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 />' )

The problem I have is I don't know how in studio to collapse/expand or hide
the iframe.

Thanks.