[mapguide-users] Re: WMS - A length exception occurred: string too long

ar_gaeta ar_gaeta at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 22 06:11:24 EST 2011

Using mapadmin I activate the trace.log and set the error.log to archive the
file every day with all the information available, that are:

CLIENT, CLIENTIP, USER, ERROR, STACKTRACE

Now I've also set as "Maximum features cached" (in "Configure Services")
instead of 100 I put the value of 1000 (I don't know if helpful).

I've restarted the Apache service, and for a while the WMS works. But again
after a while it stops to work, without reasons! I restart Apache, and WMS
works: maybe the problem is in my Apache-Tomcat configuration?

When WMS failed, I've got on OpenLayer broken images:

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6051932/broken_wms.jpg

And again the message:
"A length exception occurred. string too long"

I attach my WMS_getcapabilities response xml file: my layer is "staz_piem"
at rows 273-296.

Maybe the WMS broke because I've specified the SRS EPSG:900913 and it is not
recognized by MGOS? How can MGOS recognize this EPSG? Reading some post I've
understood that maybe I have to work on the file "OgcWmsService.config.awd"
on the "<translate from="EPSG:21781">" tag: is this right?

Thanks for your help!

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6051932/mapagent.fcgi.xml
mapagent.fcgi.xml