[mapguide-users] Fusion Error: Can not zoom to selection within iframe

Darrin Maidlow dmaidlow at landorgis.com
Tue Feb 22 11:34:44 EST 2011

looks like a cross site scripting problem.  I believe the browser considers
www.myapplication.com and www.myapplication.com:8080 to be two different
sites, because of the port change and javascript throws the permission error
when you try to access script on another site like that.  More details on
XSS here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting.

hope that helps.
darrin

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Trevor Robar <trobar at gissolutions.ca>wrote:

>  We have a website that our client is directed to once they have logged
> into our client portal from our webserver. Within the asp page we have an
> iframe that is calling our MG 2.1 application from another server. In
> Firebug the application loads perfectly, we can use our search widget to
> find a record within a layer but when we double click to "zoom to" this is
> the error we receive from firebug.
>

> "Permission denied for <http://www.myapplication.com:8080><http://www.myapplication.com:8080>to get property Window.Fusion from
> <http://www.myapplication.com> <http://www.myapplication.com>.
>

> http://www.myapplication/mapguide/fusion/widgets/GX_Search/Search.php?userinput=320&mapname=SANS4d63b08b93762&session=eddcd14c-20af-102e-8000-005056a33fe7_en_7F0000010AFC0AFB0AFA&target=TaskPane&popup=false&layer=Trails_Indexed&filter=TRAIL_NUM+LIKE+%27%24USER_VARIABLE%27&limit=100&cols=3&CN0=Trail+Number&CP0=TRAIL_NUM&CN1=Club&CP1=CLUB&CN2=Zone&CP2=ZONE
> "
>
> Line 92"
>
> Line 92 is referencing CellCLick Function in my Search.templ
>
> "function CellClicked(sel)
> {
>     var map = GetParent().Fusion.getMapByName(mapName);
>     map.setSelection(sel, true);"
>
> Any ideas? trying to rule out iframe, cross site server issues
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Trevor Robar
> CEO - Landmark Geographic Solutions Inc