[mapguide-users] Add lines to map

Greg gbneff at cid.utah.gov
Fri Feb 25 15:41:46 EST 2011

I am using .net and MGOS 2.2 Beta

I am trying to add lines to a map based on a table of latitude/longitude
coordinate pairs that represent the endpoints of the lines.  I don't know
precisely how to do it but I am wondering if it would be something like
this:

1. create a temporary feature source for the lines

2. add the coordinates to the feature source

3. create a temporary layer, set it to use the feature source

4. add the layer to the map

5. remove the layer from the map when its no longer needed

I need the layer to apply only to the user and not to other users who might
be viewing the map.  Other users might be adding their own lines to the map
from a different set of coordinates.

So far I have managed to read the coordinates from a file, use
MgGeometryFactory to convert them to the map system coordinates and create a
feature source.  So , I am stuck on step 2 above.

Any advise on the right way to do this?

Thanks