[mapguide-users] coordinates of layer extent mapguide

yashika sareen.yashika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 06:29:21 EST 2011

Hi every1,
I am new to mapguide.I tried to write a code to get the coordinates of the
layer so that i can zoom on it.
i m using c#

public String getcoords()
        {
      MgByteReader byteReader;

         String layerSelect = GetParameter(this.args, "LAYERNAME");
          if(layerSelect.Equals("Santa"))
            {
           layerSelect="Parcels";
            }
         MgResourceService resourceService =
(MgResourceService)this.site.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService);
            MgMap map = new MgMap();
            map.Open(resourceService, GetParameter(this.args, "MAPNAME"));

                String str2 = "";

                   MgLayer layer = (MgLayer)
map.GetLayers().GetItem(layerSelect);

                         String featureClass = layer.GetName();

                     MgResourceIdentifier ad = new
MgResourceIdentifier(layer.GetFeatureSourceId());
                      MgFeatureService featureService =
(MgFeatureService)this.site.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService);
                    MgSpatialContextReader spatialReader =
featureService.GetSpatialContexts(ad, true);

                    byteReader = spatialReader.GetExtent();
               if (byteReader.GetLength() == 0)
                {
                str2="nothing found";
                }
                else
                {
                    MgAgfReaderWriter agfReaderWriter= new
MgAgfReaderWriter();
                   MgWktReaderWriter wktReaderWriter=new
MgWktReaderWriter();
                    MgGeometry geometry = agfReaderWriter.Read(byteReader);

                    str2 = wktReaderWriter.Write(geometry);

                    spatialReader.Close();

                         }
                    return(str2);
          }

The problem with the code is that it returns the output as

POLYGON ((-180 -90, 180 -90, 180 90, -180 90, -180 -90))

My layer is of polygon type but the extent is not correct.

can any1 tell me what is the problem in my code.