[mapguide-users] Reducing CS-Map dictionary footprint

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 03:21:46 EST 2011

Hi All,

I am currently using the MgCoordinateSystem API to do processing of GPS
data. Since I am primarily working with Australian spatial data, I do not
have a need for *all* the coordinate systems of the world, just the ones in
Australia.

I was wondering what files under CS-Map dictionaries directory can be safely
removed. I have already removed non-Australian subdirectories (that was
easy). The files in the root directory is another matter as there doesn't
seem to be any clear way to know which files do not relate to Australian
coordinate systems.

My aim is that when I deploy this application, that I am also deploying the
minimally required set of Australian-only coordinate system dictionary
files.

Any ideas?

- Jackie