[mapguide-users] FDO language problem

Kristinn Nikulás Eðvarðsson kne1 at hi.is
Mon Jan 17 19:05:26 EST 2011

Hello

This is my first post here and I am not sure if this is the right place
for error reports but I´ll give it a try:
I am setting um a mapguide server 2.2 using Fdo 3.5 on linux centos 5.5
here in Iceland so most of my table data contains Icelandic characters.
Whenever I try to upload shapefiles with Maestro 2.1 on to the server that
have a column name that use Icelandic characters I get the following
error:

Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        FDO_28_UTF8FAILURE

Sometimes the server crashes completely and needs a reestart.
This happens only if the column name contains Icelandic characters but the
data in the table can contain Icelandic characters without any trouble.
Can anybody advise on this?

Cheers
Kristinn