[mapguide-users] Mapguide Maestro - No schemas found in datasource - MySQL/PostGIS

Kerryne.Graham at csiro.au Kerryne.Graham at csiro.au
Tue Jan 18 20:34:16 EST 2011

I'm a real newbie at Mapguide OS so please bear with me.  I'm trying to create a data connection to both MySQL and PostGIS databases using Maestro.  In both instances I can create a connection and the test connection returning true.  Although I get the error message "The resource had the following warnings: Spatial context extent appears to be invalid (or default) and No schemas found in datasource.  Even if I use "Validate resources" I get the same messages.  How is it possible to set the spatial context and also enforce the connection to find the schemas?  When I try to create a layer there are no tables within the resource settings schema drop down list.

In both MySQL and PostGIS I have tables with geometries, primary key created on the id column and a spatial index.  Using QGIS I can load data and review the data, so I'm fairly sure that the data is in the correct format.  Within Oracle Spatial there is the USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA storing the spatial extents information, is there something similar within MySQL that I have missed?

The MySQL connection details:
provider OSGeo.MySQL
server localhost:3306
Database my_db
using specified credentials
db_user  (this is a database user defined within the MySQL database with DBA privileges on the db)

I'm using Mapguide Server 2.1.0.4283 with FDO objects selected during install , so MySQL and PostGIS version 3.4
Mapguide Maestro 2.1.4.5245
Windows 7 enterprise
MySQL 5.5.8
Postgres 8.4 with PostGIS 1.5

I'd really appreciate any help, as I've spent a couple of days trying to resolve this with no results.

Kerryne